Saint Vincent and the Casino
In contrast to the rural nature of the mountain villages, Saint-Vincent is an
elegant township arising in a natural basin around the ancient nucleus of the
village and the parish church. From the 1960s onwards it acquired new spa buildings,
an architecturally original and innovative Town Hall, a much appreciated Congress
Centre and the Casino de la Vallée, while the parish church has been restored
to recapture the Romanic appearance of the 12th century place of worship. The
central street and piazza have been newly laid out to create an elegant open-air
salon and an ideal place for social gatherings and meetings. Lovers of shopping,
continually on the lookout for exclusive garments and accessories, will find everything
they wish for in the highly refined boutiques in the centre.
The 19th century Casino, linked to spa holidays, reopened in 1947 and became the principal pole of attraction for tourism in Saint-Vincent. In its vast rooms, hosting French and American games, visitors will find more than 95 gaming tables and 500 slot-machines with which to try their luck.